Welcome to the Office of Academic Affairs of NTU World Wide Web site (hereinafter called the “NTU Academic Affairs website”). In order to protect your privacy and security when using the NTU campus network and help you understand how to protect your use of the various services of NTU Academic Affairs website, and how we collect, use and protect information you provide, please read this privacy and security policy carefully. If you have any question on NTU Academic Affairs website, please e-mail to email@example.com .
Scope of application
This privacy rights and information security policy only applies to “ aca.ntu.edu.tw domain ” within the National Taiwan University campus network. But this policy does not apply to the websites outside the “ aca.ntu.edu.tw ” domain. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
In order to respect and protect your privacy rights when you use the services and information provided on NTU Academic Affairs website, please read carefully the following information:
Gathering and use of information
- Your personal information identification is not be gathered by our system when your website browsing and file downloading from NTU Academic Affairs website.
- When you participate in online services, personal information you provide, we will be obligated the “Personal Data Protection Law of the Republic of China” and relevant norms of laws. Your personal information cannot be used for other issues other than to collect a particular purpose.
- While you are browsing the NTU Academic Affairs website, the server may automatically produce a log file. The file may include your IP address, duration of visit, browser version used, and record of your browsing behavior. Information about pages viewed and time spent on-site is used to improve the quality of the NTU Academic Affairs website content and service. This statistical analysis is not for personal information identification.
- Due to legal requirements or comply with applicable laws and norms (e.g., Norms for the use of NTU campus networks), we must provide relevant information to the competent authority.
- We have the right to modify this statement and update on NTU Academic Affairs website.
Any unauthorized and behavior of attempting to tamper with the service within NTU Academic Affairs website are strictly prohibited and may violate the law. For the purpose of website’s security and to maintain the services of website to operate normally, we provide the following security measures:
- Installing firewall and IDP (Intrusion Detection Prevention) systems to prevent illegal invasion and to avoid the relevant information has been unauthorized retrieved for ensuring the safety of the website.
- To establish network traffic management system to efficiently control abnormal network traffic in order to maintain the network operating normally.
- To establish the mechanism of information security event monitoring to prevent the incident, shorten normal operation recovery time and reduce the damage.
- Data of website will be backed up regularly, and backup to the backup host.
- Obligations and Commitments of the User
The user shall abide by the “Taiwan Academic Network Management and Norms”, “Norms for the use of NTU campus networks” and related laws. The user shall not only promise not to use the service for any unlawful purpose or in any illegal manner, but also comply with relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of China and international practice of using internet. The user agrees to abide by the laws of their own country or region. The user agrees and guarantees not use NTU Academic Affairs website to infringe the rights of others or illegal acts. The violator shall have liability for law.
- Self-protection mechanism
Please protect your account, password and any of personal information well. And do not provide your personal information to someone else, especially password.
Please remember to logout the system of the website when you don’t use. If you use a sharing or public computer, please remember to close the browser to prevent someone get your important and personal information.
All content within the Office of the Academic Affairs of NTU World Wide Web site, including the text, audio, video, images, and the layout, are properties of National Taiwan University . Please contact us first for reprints of any kind.
Copyright © 2006-2013 National Taiwan University ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Changes to this policy
In order to protect you browse website’s security and related rights, and the intention to protect network security. An announcement of any changes to this policy will be posted on NTU Academic Affairs website.
If you have any questions about this policy statement, or about any of NTU Academic Affairs website, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org contact us.